Sunday, August 31, 2014

Your Prescription: Vision Casting before the Blind

Have you ever shared your business idea or venture with a less than eager listener?  Have you ever been told "that's not going to work" or "you're crazy"?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, know that you are not alone.

When I first started my educational consulting business, everyone thought I was nuts.  A family member told me that it was risky to leave a job that had steady income and benefits (we will talk about how steady the education world really is later).  One of my friends said to me "well, we have an extra bedroom in our house should you need it".  I was floored by the many nonbelievers, but I soon learned that they were only letting me know that they couldn't see what I saw.  Their vision for my business success was limited. Why?  Well, that's simple.

The idea that one has for a business was created in their brain.  Their brain is the entity where the idea is developed and nurtured.  It is next to impossible for someone else to fully understand or 100% wrap their brain around, if you will, your idea to start a business.  And you know what?  That's okay.  YOU were the one given the vision!

So, the next time someone tells you that "you're crazy" for wanting to start your own business, tell them "thank you" and put your shades on. Remember, YOU have the prescription for your vision, not them!

~Evonna

No comments:

Post a Comment